Cutest blog script

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Fun weekend in Michigan.....

Sorry it's been a while since I've posted - we've been busy, busy! With the new house we are in the process of getting the mortgage, insurance, etc. Plus my boss also finalized the lease on our new office, so I am coordinating getting the internet, phone, furniture, etc. I am so excited to have an office to go to! I thought that I would really like to work from home full time someday, but this summer has shown me that this is not the case!

Friday after work me, Rob, Justin and the dogs headed to Big Rapids for the weekend. It was a LONG RIDE. At one point Justin screamed for 44 minutes straight. Somehow he managed to bruise his cheek in the car between Peoria and Big Rapids - still not sure how, maybe his bottle?

G&G Brooks are keeping the dogs for us until we get in our new house since I'll be going out of town twice in the next few weeks....it's a big help for us - thank you! Saturday morning we hung out at G&G's house and had lunch with Godsie. Then we went into town and met the Fossitt's at the hotel and went to the Ferris game. It was so good to see them again :) We realized just how old we are when we got a 12 pack of Miller Lite after the game and ended up leaving 8 of them in the hotel room! Breakfast at the hotel was 7:30-10:30am...back in college we never would have made it by 10:30am but now it was the highlight of the morning!

Sunday we headed to Grand Rapids and visited with Aunt Buzz & Uncle Jeff and then went to lunch with Great Grandpa Don and Great Grandma Ellen, Godsie and Bob, Uncle Kurt and Ashley and G&G Brooks. It was nice to break up the ride a little bit and then Justin took a 3 hour nap!!! When he woke up he was really happy and chatty the rest of the ride home - much more enjoyable than the ride there!


Grandma Metzler called us tonight and said that her and Grandpa are coming to see us tomorrow on the way through to Las Vegas - We are so excited!!!! Justin told me that he's not going to sleep good tonight because he's too excited :)






Godsie loving up Justin!








Melissa, Justin, Jalen and Jamie















So cute :)
















Mommy's little fish....










I know I'll figure out this secret code....what you can't hear is Jason yelling for Justin to cover up while he covers Jalen's eyes :)















Melissa, Jason and Justin at the FSU vs. Hillsdale game.









Jalen and Justin











"What is your paw doing on my stroller? You don't even look like a bulldog!!!"













See the bruise on his cheek???













It was a great game! They kicked a field goal with 6 seconds left to win the game!














Billy & Jimmy Bourdlais













Daddy, Grandpa and Justin - Grandpa, Uncle Kurt and Ashley met us at the game and we had fun hanging out with them!













Justin ran around the field for a while after the game. I can't believe he stayed awake - it was a 7pm game! He was a very happy boy and then slept in until 8am!











The whole gang - The Brooks, The Fossitts, Billy, Jimmy and Kristen (Jimmy's girlfriend)









We stopped at Buzzy's and she has the best toys!!! Justin liked being pushed around in the dump truck. How times change - all I could think about were dump trucks at Phi Taus :)

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Cute baby butt!