Cutest blog script

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Digital Scrapbooking?

Does anyone do this? I think I want to try it. I have a ton of scrapbooking materials in the basement, but don't have the time to do it. I think that digital scrapbooking would be quicker and easier (and I can do it in my down time at work!).

If any of you do use it, what company do you use - any advice?

Thanks!

4 comments:

Laura said...

I made two photo books with shutterfly. They were about $175 a piece. I love them. It was so fun and easy to do, the quality is awesome... the only thing that I didn't like was that I was limited to 102 pages.

AJ said...

I use shutterfly as well...they have photo books that start at $30 if you want to do smaller ones (and have great sales all the time), but like Laura said, you can do ones with a lot more pages as well.

Kara uses a program called scrapbookflair.com and you download it (totally free) and then design your pages and I think print them out on your own, or someplace like Walmart that can do the 12 X 12s. Then you'd probably have to buy your own book and refill pages, but just slip the digitally created pages into the sleeves. I've never used it, but I know she was really happy with the finished product.

Erica said...

I used heritage makers once. It was awful. It was not very user friendly and even using Indy's computer that can easily run autocad, it was very slow. It hardly ran on my dinosaur computer. Also the book was REALLY expensive. We only heard of it through a baby expo thing, but I have heard they do parties similar to tupperware and things like that.

Kara said...

I use scrapbook flair. It is a free scrapbook program download. They also have tons of free embellishments, backgrounds, page layouts, etc. They run specials a few times a year which you can order a 12x12 pg for 99 cents. Great deal. And they quality is awesome too.