Cutest blog script

Friday, July 17, 2009

34 weeks...and one day :)

This morning we had our 4D ultrasound appointment. We took Justin with us, but he was not quite as interested as we thought he would be. He liked the face part, but when she was doing measurements, etc he got bored. Speaking of measurements.... in Dr. Flemings words "Wow - you're having a big baby!". Mason is measuring 2-2.5 weeks ahead on everything. He weighs 6 pounds already! He is healthy though and everything looked good so we are thankful for that :) Dr. Fleming said to come back in two weeks and then after that we'll do every week. He said that they can't induce before 39 weeks, but we might want to look at that as a possibility if he keeps growing the way he is. We'll be having another ultrasound at 38 weeks to check his size. Other than a big baby though I am a pretty boring patient - no problems, no swelling, nothing abnormal!

Oh and I got the go-ahead to travel to Michigan!!! Yeah :) He told me that I have to take it easy though; no cooking, no dishes, no cleaning up, etc. Ha! Just kidding. Rob did get my jet ski privileges revoked though...looks like I'll be stuck laying in the sun! I have my next appointment Thursday the 30th at 4pm and then we'll head right from there to Kalamazoo!!! I am so excited!

Here are a few pictures....




This is Mason's foot. The ultrasound tech said that if we had to buy him shoes today they would need to be 3" long. That's a big foot!




These are not as clear as when we did it with Justin, but they are still great shots :)



He always kept his hands up by his face just like his big brother did! The thing on the left is part of the placenta...not a growth on his chin :)



Here is the picture of Justin for comparison purposes. This one was done around 33 weeks, so pretty close to Mason's. I don't think they are twins, but there is some resemblance!

2 comments:

YGS said...

I love the last shot! It's so amazing. Congrats again :)

AJ said...

I didn't even know about the elective u/s when I was pregnant with Noah, the hospital u/s technicican just used the 4D probe for us. The doctor's office I use now does the elective package for$200, and I was all set to do it this time...but I start having a u/s every week after next week, so we'll see about the elective package.