I went to the corporate website and entered a comment through their "contact us" link. If I were a manager, I would want to know if this was coming out of one of my stores. Apparently not - look at this email I just got back.... (I think this must be from the local manager?)
"Ms BrooksI got your comment card. I was aghast at the extent of your horrification and likewise impressed by your use of the all caps function to communicate your message. I am in need of your help to ferret our this evil the minded culprit and put an end to this ghastly problem. You see, at the time of your visit the two people working were Stacie (Mid length reddish hair) and Dan very very short black hair. This long black hair was undoubtedly planted by some devious saboteur. Did you see anybody with a secreted supply of long black hair hanging around the store. Now this would have had to have been very special black hair because a hair will to separate when bitten leaving half in the pretzel. I certainly hope I can get your help because I can sense the devastation that you experienced and want to do everything possible to keep this from happening to another innocent and unsuspecting customer. Now seriously Ms Brooks if you want to be taken seriously you should not write your comment card like you are just fishing for some free product. This may have actually happened to you, but your over the top complaint makes it hard for me to believe. You will be receiving some free pretzel coupons by mail, enjoy them with my compliments. By the way, hair is not a transmitter of disease, according to the Peoria County Health Department. So while it is not appetizing, it is not hazardous to your health. Larry"
What kind of customer service is this????? Telling me I'm obviously fishing for free product and not being taken seriously? I am aware that hair does not transmit disease, but that still doesn't mean I want it in my pretzel!!!!! WTF?
I took the pictures below and I am glad I did so I can make this manager eat his words. I am trying to decide what to do - I think I am definetly sending this to corporate once I can get ahold of someone in upper management - not just the comments processors. Rob thinks that I should send this to the PJ Star too (our local paper). This will at least let people know that they don't really care about how sanitary their restaurant is and you won't be taken seriously. Don't get me wrong, I know that these things can happen, but to get a response like that just infuriates me!!!!!!

12 comments:
I AM LIVID FOR YOU! Notice my use of all caps to 'communicate my message'. You should definitely show it to the Journal Star, post is on a consumer advocacy website, such as complaints.com, and send it to corporate. How unacceptable.
P.S. To Larry - your pretzels aren't that good anyway. I like Didoughs way better.
Unbelievable!!! That is so incredibly rude!! and bold...
I am amazed at how immature that email is. What an A$$!
They probably get their dough frozen, so even if it came in the frozen dough, it's still the company's fault, and he should still have apologized, not been a jerk!
I would file a complaint with the BBB, also. He seriously can not talk to people like that.
I am totally grossed out and disappointed in how they responded to your complaint. The insinuation that someone "planted" black hairs in their pretzels is not only absurd, but immature. I agree with everyone above...you need to make sre everyone who will listen knows about this experience.
I was going to suggest you forward the response to your local newspaper - it was simply uncalled for. Perhaps if the manager spent half as much time on quality control as he did coming up with a "witty" (in his eyes) response, the hair wouldn't have been overlooked.
Seriously, a simple - we are so sorry, please accept our apologies and here are some coupons would have been adequate.
That is so gross that the pretzel is hanging while you hold onto the hair!! I can believe that the manager sent you that reply back..totally send it is the paper!!
Take it all the way.... I cannot believe what they wrote you. Wow... I would never go there again. You deserve to be treated better as a customer. I would have been mortified too.
His response is ridiculous. I would definitely send it (and the pictures) to the paper and to corporate. What an A$$!
oh my goodness, I can't believe he had the nerve to say that to you. I would make him eat the pretzel and publish it in the paper with his email response back. That is just gross.
That is shocking!! I cannot believe an employee would ever write that. I would definitely try as hard as I could to go up their chain and get that person fired. That is so out of line!
Post a Comment